x 
Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

• Page:

TOPIC: Display errors with rotator cobalt featured items

Display errors with rotator cobalt featured items 1 year 4 months ago #629

• Judahraine
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi there, I am having an issue with display when using the rotator option.

Firstly, if I set it up to display more than one article on a rotate basis, it displays all articles one on top of the other. The images of the articles are all the same size so that isn't an issue as they hide one another, but the text of all three articles display, with the result that it is unreadable. Also, my buy buttons duplicate, as in the buttons from all the modules are visible. It's a simple layout: Book Cover, Teaser (text), and I require this for all articles. The teaser field will vary in length.

Secondly, unless I set a maximum height the module container shrinks to nothing and the article appears "on top" - it shows in full but the module background is not there. As the heights may vary somewhat, I would prefer an auto height of some kind but cannot seem to get this to apply.

Finally, If I open the page the modules rotate one after the other (I realise I can set the timing in the module itself, no problem there). then it stops at one of the articles. Is it possible to keep this rotating? i.e. is there some kind of loop feature available so that it will rotate according to the set timing without having to then keep refreshing the page?

I need this module to display advertising on the site, and this unfortunately has very specific requirements, especially as far as rotation is concerned.

I would greatly appreciate your help. I have included a screen print of the display showing the articles displaying simultaneously over one another.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Display errors with rotator cobalt featured items 1 year 4 months ago #630

• Judahraine
  • Fresh Boarder
As it seems file size was too big I'm attempting this again with a smaller file

cobaltmodulelayoutsmall.png

Display errors with rotator cobalt featured items 1 year 4 months ago #631

• boggler
  • Thank you received: 62
With the rotator module you really do need to set a fixed width and height which you do in the layout options. If you do not it will assume a value for these, which may be causing some of the problems you list. It is best to fix the values yourself, there may be some compromise involved if the sizes of the items vary.

The items underneath should not be visible though, this may be a problem with your template.

The articles do not stop rotating. However they will pause if you hover over them, this may be what you are seeing. Once you stop hovering the rotation will resume.

Display errors with rotator cobalt featured items 1 year 4 months ago #632

• Judahraine
  • Fresh Boarder
Not a problem, I can live with having to put in the sizing :)

As far as the rotation goes, I have double checked, making sure not to hover over the images. They rotate through the 3 set articles then rotation stops. At the moment they rotate quickly, but that is simply for checking purposes. Until the layout issue is resolved there's not much point in fiddling with the details.

As far as the template is concerned. The only change I made to the rotator was to remove the article title which I do not want. However I have since restored this and there is no change to the multiple one on top of the other layout.

My settings for the rotator are as follows:

cobaltparameters.png

My article template is essentially a simple table as follows:

templatecobaltmodule.png

I hope you can read the images ok, otherwise I can email them. I do not see anything that could be responsible for the articles displaying as they do or to stop the rotating. I do admit, however, that my knowledge of php is very limited, and for that reason I would appreciate your input. This is a vital part of the site and I just do not seem to be making progress.

Thank you

Display errors with rotator cobalt featured items 1 year 4 months ago #633

• Judahraine
  • Fresh Boarder
I have resolved this by uninstalling the module, checking for residual files and reinstalling, then uploading my custom templates. No changes were made to the templates themselves, so I can only assume that this was the result of an installation error of some kind.

Display errors with rotator cobalt featured items 1 year 4 months ago #638

• boggler
  • Thank you received: 62
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I am glad to hear that the problem is solved. There is definitely nothing in the rotator script itself that would stop it rotating, possibly this was a caching issue of some kind.
  • Page:
Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.516 seconds