We specialise in professional extensions for the Joomla!®** Content Management System. We have a variety of professional components, modules and plugins, also some products available for free download. These are simplified versions of the commercial products, but fully working. All our extensions are open-source.
Our customers include professional web designers and developers creating websites for their clients, as well as webmasters and website owners looking for well-designed extensions that will add something extra to their site.
If you are a Joomla! developer you are probably already aware that it is possible for the CMS to output many other types of content in addition to the usual html. In fact you can use it to output any type of content that you want, simply by creating a view for it in your component using the appropriate format.
Creating a General XML Feed
In this article I will look at how to use your component to output an XML feed. There is actually more than one approach to this: if you want to create an RSS feed, which is a specific type of XML feed, then you can use the RSS document type - I will discuss this below.
Firstly I will discuss creating a more general type of XML feed, which I will do in the context of a reasonably realistic example. We will suppose that you are developing a Joomla e-commerce component that has a view that displays your products. In addition to the normal HTML output you would like to be able to display an XML feed of the products. It is actually not that hard.Add a comment
These are maintenance releases, adding some new features. The most important new feature is that support for the Joomla update manager has been added, so that you will be automatically notified when future new releases of the shopping cart package become available, and will be able to install them with one click direct from your Joomla admin. (At the moment though, if you use the AmazonWS content plugin by itself then you will still need to download new releases from your account on our site). So for this reason you are recommended to update to the latest version.
The method of storage for the Amazon developer secret key has been improved, to make it less confusing, particularly to new users.
As with all our commercial extensions, when you buy the extension you get access to free updates for one year. Therefore existing customers can download the new version using their current download link. Then install as normal with the Joomla installer, there is no need to uninstall the existing version.
Amazon Shopping Cart is a complete package of Joomla extensions based around our AmazonWS Joomla content plugin, that allows you to create an Amazon store on your Joomla website, including a shopping cart. Customers can browse your site, and add items to their cart without leaving your site: it is only when they are ready to pay that they are redirected to the Amazon website.
We have a new extension, our 'Gatekeeper' plugin for Joomla 3.
This plugin allows you to restrict selected pages on your site from view. Until the user enters a code or codes of your choice, they see the page covered by a modal backdrop. It provides an easy way to steer users away from content that is not relevant to them, by restricting the page view from casually prying eyes. We originally developed the plugin for a fast food website, they wanted an easy way to check the post code of the customer before the custom placed an order. It could be used in many similar applications, where you need a simple way of challenging the viewer, to check if they should be seeing the page.
The plugin has several features that make it very flexible in its usage:-
- You can choose to restrict only one page, several pages, or all pages on your site
- You can choose to set a cookie when the user successfully enters the correct code, so that they are not repeatedly challenged
- All the text displayed in the plugin form is fully translatable, and can be overridden using Joomla language overrides
- You can set one correct code only, or a list of acceptable codes, with a variety of ways of storing the codes
You can see a demo here.
We have a new release of our Imgen Image Generator component for Joomla.
This component for Joomla allows you to dynamically resize and compress your site images. It includes a plugin framework, with plugins to add a watermark, and to apply dynamic resizing to all your article images.
Version 2.1 fixes some issues that were preventing it from working in PHP 5.5 and above, and also adds support for the Joomla updater.
You can download the extension here.
We are pleased to release a new extension. GProduct Review Feed makes it easy to submit your Virtuemart product reviews to Google shopping, you can do it in a matter of minutes. It's a great way to enhance your product listings.
GProduct Review Feed can be used to create either a full review feed, or an incremental feed. As well as automatically creating your feed, the extension allows you to mark reviews as spam, or deleted.
- You can read more about submitting a review feed to Google here;
- See a tutorial, with screenshots of the feed administration here;
- View an example feed here;
- Buy the extension here.
We have a new release of our Google Shopping Feed extension for Joomla! and Virtuemart, GooglebaseXML.
The new version 4.6.14 fixes some bugs, also it allows you to choose the content type header used when viewing the feed in your browser: this can help if your browser is having problems displaying it correctly.
Supporting the Joomla Updater
The main new feature is that support for the Joomla updater has been added, now it is possible to have one-click updates for the extension directly from your Joomla admin. All that you need is a current valid download URL for the extension, go to Components->GBaseXML Shopping Feed->Updates in your Joomla admin, and paste your download link into the form, and save. Now the Joomla updater will notify you whenever a new version is available, and will allow you to update with one click. So it is well worth updating to the latest version, and this is highly recommended. You can buy the GooglebaseXML extension here
We are happy to announce the release of a new extension, AS3 Manager. This extension package for Joomla! 3 allows you to manage your Amazon S3 objects and buckets from your Joomla admin. You can upload and delete objects, and create and delete buckets. You can create download files and packages (consisting of multiple files), for free or for sale. If you want to sell digital downloads you can use our download plugin for Virtuemart which is compatible with AS3 Manager.
The first release is number 2.0.0, as this extension supersedes our previous Amazon S3 component which was not on general release, but was available as an add-on to our Spiral download plugin. The new version greatly expands its functionality. For the first time you can create download packages of Amazon S3 files, and make the entire package for sale through Virtuemart, using the Spiral download plugin. You can also make files and packages available as free downloads, or as restricted downloads available to specific user groups.
The Amazon Product Advertising API is a programming interface that allows access to much of the data on products that Amazon offers for sale on its websites. It allows you to access product descriptions and images, prices and customer reviews, and to display this on your own website, with links back to the Amazon site. If a customer buys a product, you can be paid a percentage of the sale value as an affiliate.
You get access to much of the data used by Amazon such as the items for sale, customer reviews, seller reviews, as well as most of the features that you see on Amazon.com, such as finding items, displaying customer reviews, and product promotions. The Amazon API allows you to display individual products, or the results of product searches. It even allows you to display a remote shopping cart, where the cart itself is hosted on the Amazon website, but customers can add and delete items while browsing on your site, then check out and pay on the Amazon site. It is possible to create a complete web store on your site using Amazon products. This is particularly useful for merchants who sell their products mainly through Amazon, who want to establish their own web presence. It is also useful for creating specialist web stores featuring Amazon products.Add a comment
Our paid download plugin for Joomla and Virtuemart now supports Amazon S3. This plugin is designed to allow you to offer paid downloads as products for sale in Virtuemart, by allowing you to attach the download to the product as a custom field. It allows you to restrict either the number of downloads, the time limit on downloads, or both.
- Supports both files hosted on your own server and Amazon S3;
- The customer can only download the file once payment is confirmed;
- Downloads can be restricted either by number of downloads or time period - or both;
- Download entitlements can be edited for individual customer orders, for example you can increase the number of downloads a particular customer is entitled to;
- Download restrictions are applied to the custom field not the downloaded file, so you can change the file, for example, if you want to release a new version;
- Download security, customers are not able to download anything they are not entitled to by manipulating the file id.
- You can attach as many downloadable files as you want per product;
- The plugin supports either a simple file download, or display/play in the browser (eg for JPEGS or MP3 files)
- The plugin can simulate file streaming, you can set a maximum download speed, useful to reduce the load on the server if you have a lot of downloads or big files
Virtuemart is a popular open source e-commerce extension for the Joomla! content management system. We have a number of extensions written explicitly for Virtuemart that will enhance your store:-
- VM2 Product Snapshot allows you to embed Virtuemart product information in Joomla content articles. As a content plugin it is compatible with the Joomla core content component as well as extension that support content plugins, such as K2.
- HTML5 Slideshow for Virtuemart 2 displays your product images in an attractive HTML5 slideshow. It is compatible with all modern browsers including mobile devices and will display a simplified version in older browsers such as IE7. It is a great way to show off your products without using Flash.
- Virtuemart Featured Product Grid is an alternative to the Virtuemart featured products module. It can be used to show featured products, top ten products, recent products, and random products from some or all categories. The module is particularly useful when you want to display additional images for your products, as these are shown in a scroller.
- VM ModController Pro This module allows you to control the display of other Joomla modules on Virtuemart pages. It allows you to assign modules to Virtuemart pages (including specific product details flypages or category browse pages), categories, and shopper groups.
- GoogleBaseXML This component for the Joomla Content Management System generates a product data feed for your Virtuemart store in XML format. It is specifically designed to be compatible with the format required by Google shopping. The product listing can be manually uploaded, or submitted as an URL to Google Merchant Center for scheduled upload
You can view examples of these extensions in our Virtuemart Extensions Demo Store.
Below: A screenshot of our HTML5 slideshow for Virtuemart
Add a comment