Keyword

Product Snapshot problem with Joomla page breaks

• koaconsulting
  • koaconsulting's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 1 week ago #3951 by koaconsulting
koaconsulting created the topic: Product Snapshot problem with Joomla page breaks
Our client has reported a problem with the VM Product Snapshot plugin. We've enabled the feature to display a modal popup when you add a product to the cart. However IF you have a Joomla page break splitting up a page then some buttons do NOT display that modal popup any more.

You can see an example of this in action on the following page:
www.contractorcampus.com/test1/next-page.html

However if you click the link to the first page or "All Pages" then the modal popup does work.

We are using the newest version of Virtuemart and the VM2 Product Snapshot Plugin.

Thanks for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 1 week ago #3952 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Product Snapshot problem with Joomla page breaks
Hello, when I tried to look at the page I get '403: Access Forbidden
Your location (GB) has been blacklisted. '

Could you un-blacklist GB so I can take a look?

More
2 months 1 week ago #3953 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Product Snapshot problem with Joomla page breaks
Actually no need to un-blacklist, I think I have solved the problem.

We were able to replicate this on a testing site. It happens because the javascript functions that initialise the cart button modal behaviour are loaded at the top of the article, if you put the product snapshot on a later page using the page break plugin, then they are not loaded on the page where you want them, they are only loaded on the first page.

But fortunately the solution is really simple, you just need to change the ordering of the plugins in the Joomla plugin manager, make sure that the page break plugin is loaded before the snapshot plugin. In the Joomla plugin manager, choose the 'sort table by' option as 'ordering ascending', then move the plugins so that the snapshot is below the page break plugin. That ensures that the page break plugin has already done its work of splitting the article content into pages by the time that the snapshot executes, so that the javascript functions load on the correct page.

• koaconsulting
  • koaconsulting's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 months 1 week ago #3954 by koaconsulting
koaconsulting replied the topic: Product Snapshot problem with Joomla page breaks
Thank you for the update! Yes indeed you are right, that fixes the issue for our client. We appreciate your quick response and have been enjoying your Joomla plugin.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds