Keyword

GoogleBaseeXML - Product Options - Use Identifier Exists Tag

• 4FootyFans
  • 4FootyFans's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 week 6 days ago #3965 by 4FootyFans
4FootyFans created the topic: GoogleBaseeXML - Product Options - Use Identifier Exists Tag
Hi

For personalised/unique products which have no gtin, should this be set to Yes, or No?

The tooltip says: Yes, but since there is no identifier, should it not be: No?

For such products, we need to remove the attribute for MPN and set identifier_​exists to no
(FALSE). We must use the identifier_exists attribute to indicate that unique product identifiers aren’t available for those products.

I would appreciate your assistance in respect of the required settings and do we need to submit these products in a separate feed?

TIA

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 5 days ago #3966 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: GoogleBaseeXML - Product Options - Use Identifier Exists Tag
It should be set to yes. If you do this, then when the product has no identifiers (gtin, mpn) the feed will send the tag 'identifier_exists' with the value of FALSE, which is what you want.

If you set the option to no (the default), when the product has no identifiers, the feed just does nothing special, it just creates the feed item without the identifiers.

There is some logic to it being set up this way. If you submit a feed to Google and you just forgot to add the gtin and mps for some items, you actually want Google to spot the error and give you an error message, so that you are reminded to add the identifiers. It is always better to add the identifiers if they do exist.

It should be a concious choice to use the identifier_exists tag, the feed should not just silently do this for you, which is why the option (yes) has to be actively set.

But I accept your point that it can be a bit confusing.

• 4FootyFans
  • 4FootyFans's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 week 5 days ago #3967 by 4FootyFans
4FootyFans replied the topic: GoogleBaseeXML - Product Options - Use Identifier Exists Tag
I understand, I think!

The autistic (high-functioning) me struggles with "normal" folk's logic, at the best of times.

So, this logic causes quite a head spin.

Thanks, as ever.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds