Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword

Product Snapshot Pro: "Warning: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu item."

• phoenix710
  • phoenix710's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 weeks 1 day ago #4079 by phoenix710
phoenix710 created the topic: Product Snapshot Pro: "Warning: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu i
I am running the simplest possible test with a single product on an article page:

{product id=1;}

I noticed the warning above placed at the top of the content area; the product details are otherwise correct (for the default layout).

I had experimented (before learning about the Product Snapshot(Pro) plugin, but really wanted to add a product detail to an article, not a menu. That's why your plugin seemed like an ideal solution.

So, what is the meaning of and fix for this error? Does your plugin actually enable me to place a product detail in an article, or is there something else that needs to take place.

I see that this is only a warning, and the page still renders correctly. But I obviously can't leave this in production code.

Is there a solution?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 6 days ago #4081 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Product Snapshot Pro: "Warning: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu i
This warning comes from Virtuemart, not the product, so there is nothing we could add to the code to stop it.

It will not stop the plugin from working.

I think that the best solution is to create a menu item for Virtuemart. Create a "hidden" menu, create a Virtuemart menu item assigned to it. The menu is hidden in the sense that you do not create a menu module for it, so the site visitor never sees the navigation for it. However the menu item is there, and it is this menu item that will be used for Virtuemart pages, this is why Virtuemart needs it.

• phoenix710
  • phoenix710's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 4 days ago #4087 by phoenix710
phoenix710 replied the topic: Product Snapshot Pro: "Warning: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu i
Actually, I tried an unpublished menu; the warning remained.

Is that the same as your "hidden" menu suggestion?

More
3 weeks 3 days ago #4089 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Product Snapshot Pro: "Warning: Assign the component VirtueMart to a menu i
The menu itself must be published, it will just be invisible because you don't create a menu module for it so the user never sees it directly.

I think if you do that it should solve the problem.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds