Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword

How to translate...

2 years 3 months ago #3315 by morpheusreims
HI !

I bought AmazonWS today (I sent an email to the support for other questions :) )

But I want to know how to translate into French the different template. To be more precise I try to translate that:
Author:
Binding:
Studio:
Label:
Publisher:
Manufacturer:
List Price:
Sale Price:
View more offers Buy New From: ..... Used From:.......

I thought that the selection amazon.fr, the result would be in French, but this is not the case

Thx :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 3 months ago #3316 by boggler
Hello, it is very easy, you can create a language override for each term using the Joomla language manager. To translate a term, create a new language override, search for the term that you want to translate, and supply your tranlation.

2 years 3 months ago #3317 by morpheusreims
Thank you but it does not work the site is in French original, the plugin gives me the English text.

when I create a new substitution he can not find me the values or strings of plugin...

2 years 3 months ago #3318 by boggler
Hello, it definitely does work, using the Joomla language manager to translate strings is a standard technique that is used by almost all Joomla extensions. I think you must be misunderstanding. There is some explanation of it here: https://docs.joomla.org/J3.x:Language_Overrides_in_Joomla

You can try searching for the language constants instead, these are the ones that the plugin uses.

SHOWLISTPRICES="Show the list price"
SHOWSALEPRICES="Show Amazon Prices - this is the headline price that appears on the Amazon page, and will be used in the shopping cart, so is important to show"
SHOWAMOUNTSAVED="Show the amount saved"
SHOWNEWOFFERPRICES="Show new offer prices"
SHOWUSEDOFFERPRICES="Show used offer prices"
SHOWCOLLECTIBLEPRICES = "Show collectible prices"
SHOWREVIEWS="Show Amazon Customer Reviews"
SHOWREDITORIAL="Show Amazon Editorial Review"
MAXLENGTH="Maximum text length, set to zero to disable"
AMAZONMARKETPLACE="The Amazon country from which to pull information"
ITEMID="Amazon Item Id - you normally leave this parameter blank here and specify it in the plugin code"
ACCESSKEY="Your Amazon Web Service Access Key ID, you need it to access Amazon Web Services. You can use the default, or get your own by signing up to Amazon Associates at aws.amazon.com/ "
PRIVATEKEY="Amazon Web Service Private Key ID, needed to generate signature to access Amazon Web Services. Get your own by signing up to Amazon Associates at aws.amazon.com/ "
ASSOCIATEID="Amazon Associate ID. "
NOFOLLOWLINKS="Add 'rel=nofollow' to links - this is good for search engine optimization"
RATINGIMAGE="The image type to use for Amazon rating"
CACHEREQUEST="Cache the request to Amazon Web Services. This is recommended for sites with many visitors, because Amazon imposes a limit of 1 request per second per site. If this limit is consistenly exceeded the requests may fail."
CACHETIME="Time to cache request in minutes"
SHOWERRORS="Set to yes to show error messages - useful for debugging"
ALLOWAUTHORID="Allow content authors to use their own Amazon Associates ID"
PARAMSEARCHINDEX="Determines the Amazon category used for search. Not applicable when ASIN is specified. Not all categories are available in all marketplaces."
PARAMCATEGORYID="Selects Articles from a specific Category or set of Categories to render the plugin. To select more than one, use control-click. Note that you can also embed the plugin directly in articles using embedding code."
PARAMARTICLEID="Selects specific Articles to render the plugin. To specify more than one Article use control-click. Note that you can also embed the plugin directly in articles using embedding code."
PARAMSECTIONID="Selects Articles from a specific Section or set of Sections to render the plugin. To select more than one, use control-click. Note that you can also embed the plugin directly in articles using embedding code."
ALLCATEGORIES="All categories"
ALLSECTIONS="All sections"
ALLARTICLES="All articles"
NOCATEGORIES="No categories"
NOSECTIONS="No sections"
NOARTICLES="No articles"
OFFERS="Offers"
NUMMETAS="The number of metatag keywords to use. The default is 2."
REQUESTMETHOD="The PHP function to use to get the data from Amazon. Filegetcontents requires allow_url_fopen turned on, cURL requires support for the cURL library"
SHOWBLOGOUTPUT="Show reduced output for blog layout. Choose 'No' to show the same output on blog and individual article layouts, choose 'yes' to show abbreviated output on blog pages"
SELECTARTICLES="--select articles--"
AWSMAXRESULTS="The maximum number of results to display (default 10). Amazon will return a maximum of 10 results per request, so there is no point making it bigger"
AWSTAGSDESCRIPTION="List the tags that you want to display as a comma-separated list, eg Artist,Publisher,Brand - leave blank to display all available tags."
AWSUSEACCORDION="Use collapsible accordion to display results"
AWSMORERESULTS="More Results.."
NOARTICLES="No articles"
SHOWDEBUG="Show debug information"
AMAZONWS_AUTHOR="Author: "
AMAZONWS_MANUFACTURER="Manufacturer: "
AMAZONWS_LISTPRICE="List Price: "
AMAZONWS_PRICE="Price: "
AMAZONWS_SALEPRICE="Sale Price: "
AMAZONWS_AMOUNTSAVED="You save: "
AMAZONWS_NEWPRICE="Buy New From: "
AMAZONWS_USEDPRICE="Used From: "
AMAZONWS_COLLECTIBLEPRICE="Collectible From: "
AMAZONWS_BUYNOW="Buy Now"
AMAZONWS_REVIEWS="Reviews"
AMAZONWS_EDITORIAL_REVIEW="Product Description:"
AMAZONWS_ARTIST = "Artist: "
AMAZONWS_BINDING = "Binding: "
AMAZONWS_FORMAT = "Format: "
AMAZONWS_PUBLISHER = "Publisher: "
AMAZONWS_FEATURES = "Features: "
AMAZONWS_BRAND = "Brand: "
AMAZONWS_CREATORS="Creator(s): "
AMAZONWS_GENRE="Genre: "
AMAZONWS_STUDIO="Studio: "
AMAZONWS_LABEL="Label: "
AMAZONWS_VIEWVARIATIONS="View more sizes/colors/varieties"
AMAZONWS_CLICKTOSELECT="Click to select"
AMAZONWS_FILEDOESNOTEXIST=" layout does not exist - check that you have set the articleLayout or blogLayout options correctly, you may have mis-spelled the layout name. It must correspond to a template file in the amazonWS tmpl folder. Remember that the layout name is case sensitive and does not include the .php file extension."
AWSUSEMODALREVIEWS="Display reviews in a modal (pop-up) window rather than in an iframe on the page."
AMAZONWS_CACHETIME="By default the plugin fetches information direct from the Amazon server, you can set a time in minutes to cache the information, it is recommended by Amazon to keep this time quite short."
AWSSORTBY="The ranking used to sort results. The default is relevance, leave this box empty to select this, others available are price (low to high), -price (high to low), salesrank and many others. Those available depend on the locale and the search index, see docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/...DG/localevalues.html "
AWSSHOPMODE="Shop mode: simple=all links go straight to Amazon, catalogue=links in search results go to product details page so customer can browse on your site, shopping cart=links add product to cart on your site so customer only goes to Amazon to check out"
ASC_ADDTOCART="Add to Cart"
AWSUSEAJAXCART="Use AJAX for add to cart function? This option requires the full Amazon Shopping Cart package to be installed"
AWS_LOADJQUERY="Load the JQuery library. If you are using Joomla 3 this option has no effect, because it is not required. If you are using Joomla 2.5 then JQuery is required for some functions, but if you already have JQuery loaded by some other extension then you do not need to load it again."
ASC_NOSAVEDCARTS="You have no saved carts"
AWS_SHOWNOOFFERS="Show products that don't have available offers? These products cannot be added to the cart, so a link will be shown to the Amazon page instead"
AWS_VIEWMOREOFFERS="View more offers"
The following user(s) said Thank You: morpheusreims

2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #3319 by morpheusreims
ok, it works perfectly :) thx

Last question, it is possible to hide the information Studio, and Label Manufacturer (information not used for a book for example)

I tried using the embedding code: ShowStudio = no (i tried..) but it does not work..
is it possible to hide ? (knowing that I will use it to dvd and another where there I'm going to need)

And is it possible to get the money style (Eur) behind the numbers instead of before?

2 years 3 months ago #3320 by boggler
Hello, the easiest way is to change the article layout option to "book" in the plugin options. There are several layouts available, also you can make your own. The default 'article' layout is the most general one, and includes all the available fields. The 'book' one is designed to be used specifically with books, and just includes the fields that are relevant to books, such as binding, publisher, etc.

You can also set the layout in the embedding code, using the option articleLayout=book . That might be better, because you can then still have the more general layout for other types such as DVD.

There is more about layouts in the documentation: https://www.spiralscripts.co.uk/Documentation/amazon-web-services-plugin-documentation.html (at the bottom of the page).

The price information is just what Amazon supply, including the formatting, it is probably better to leave it as it is.

4 months 3 weeks ago #3933 by nodux
Hi,

Clould you tell me what's the string for: When you click the check-out button you will be taken to the Amazon website to pay for your items.

I cannot find it on the list os strings you provided.

Thanks.

4 months 3 weeks ago #3934 by nodux
Hi again,

Could you let me what is the language constants for: Similar Products.

Thanks.

4 months 3 weeks ago #3935 by boggler
ASC_CHECKOUT_EXPLAIN="<p>When you click the check-out button you will be taken to the Amazon website to pay for your items.</p>"

PLG_AWS_SIMILAR_ITEMS="Similar Products"

As a general help, you can search for the text that you want to translate in the Joomla template manager when you create an override.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.256 seconds