Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword

Setting articleLayout=search causes them to link directly to Amazon and not cart

• 2ndrendermedia
  • 2ndrendermedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #3878 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia created the topic: Setting articleLayout=search causes them to link directly to Amazon and not cart
I have the extension set up to display as Shopping Cart in "shop mode", however when i use articleLayout=search, clicking on the item takes me straight to Amazon, rather than a product page where i can add to cart on my site.

Not sure if this is a bug or something I'm missing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 2ndrendermedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #3879 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia replied the topic: Setting articleLayout=search causes them to link directly to Amazon and not cart
So i've managed to sort of fix the issue by using linkType=internal. Is there a way to set this as the default for my whole site rather than putting it in the shortcode for any item with an altered articleLayout?

More
4 months 1 week ago #3882 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Setting articleLayout=search causes them to link directly to Amazon and not cart
This isn't a bug so much as a feature.

The thing is that extension is designed to show the results that you would expect while needing only a small number of parameters to control the display, most of the time it works quite intuitively. The linkType is normally controlled by logic that tries to determine the correct type depending on the context. Forcing the linkType to be 'internal' all the time would cause problems of its own, because then when you are viewing a single product page, there would be links in it to itself, because internal links always load a single product page.

But occasionally the logic leads to results that are not what you would expect, which is why it is possible to override the 'linkType' if you want.

We will look at this in the next release, to see if there is a way to tweak the logic to prevent this issue from happening, for example forcing the linkType to internal when there is more than one item in the result set, But this will not be foolproof, and would require careful testing to make sure that it doesn't lead to other issues. The thing is that the logic is trying to guess what you wanted and that might not always be the correct guess either.

So in the short term you will need to keep adding "linkType=internal".

• 2ndrendermedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #3883 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia replied the topic: Setting articleLayout=search causes them to link directly to Amazon and not cart
OK, thanks for the info.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds