Keyword

Setting the template to be used when clicking through to a product

• 2ndrendermedia
  • 2ndrendermedia's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 months 4 days ago - 8 months 4 days ago #3885 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia created the topic: Setting the template to be used when clicking through to a product
I have my website set up to use one template style for my homepage and another for all of the other pages.

I have a "Featured Products" section on the homepage where I have 8 products manually selected as articleLayout=search. Clicking on the product name of any given product takes the user to the product page, however it uses the template style of the page it was linked from; in this case the home page.

How would i go about (if possible) setting them to show with the other template style?
Last Edit: 8 months 4 days ago by 2ndrendermedia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 2ndrendermedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 months 3 days ago #3888 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia replied the topic: Setting the template to be used when clicking through to a product
If there's no straight forward way to do this, don't worry about it as i can just hide the elements that differ using CSS.

More
8 months 3 days ago #3889 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Setting the template to be used when clicking through to a product
In the plugin there is this file: amazonWS/includes/helpers/helper.php, with these lines (493 to 4)
$menuid = JRequest::getInt('Itemid',0);
$internalLink = 'index.php?option=com_amazonws&view=product&return='.$return.'&Itemid='.$menuid.'&asin=';		

You need to set the $menuid to some value other than zero, I think that just replacing 0 in the first line should do it.

In a future release we can set up an option for this in the parameters, it would be useful.

• 2ndrendermedia
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
8 months 3 days ago #3890 by 2ndrendermedia
2ndrendermedia replied the topic: Setting the template to be used when clicking through to a product
This didn't work. The URL still shows as the item ID of the page it came from.

More
8 months 3 days ago #3891 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Setting the template to be used when clicking through to a product
OK, we will look into it.

We are planning a new release soon, probably next week, it should be possible to include this as an option.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.583 seconds