• jounaidi
  • jounaidi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 week 1 day ago - 1 week 1 day ago #3968 by jounaidi
jounaidi created the topic: Error contacting server
Hi,
I installed the Amazon plugin and setup the options (Access Key ID, Secret Access Key and Associate ID).
Then I added the code {amazonWS:itemId=0141011114,0306819112,1851687793} to one of my K2 items.
However, all what I got is:
{amazonWS:itemId=0141011114,0306819112,1851687793}
Error contacting server
Can someone help me with this please?
Screenshot:

Attachments:
Last Edit: 1 week 1 day ago by jounaidi.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 days 21 hours ago #3969 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Error contacting server
This issue is almost always due to a problem with your AWS credentials (the access key and secret key). These must be the master keys for your account at aws.amazon.com. Probably the best thing to do is to generate new keys, you must follow this process exactly: https://www.spiralscripts.co.uk/FAQ/how-to-get-an-access-key-for-amazon-web-services-product-advertising-api.html

The problem is that Amazon allows you to generate different sets of keys for IAM users for other services, but these do not work for the product advertising API. Only the master keys can be used, as described above.

If this does not help, please turn on the debug output option in the plugin, this should give more information about what the problem is, you can post the results here.

• jounaidi
  • jounaidi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 days 19 hours ago #3970 by jounaidi
jounaidi replied the topic: Error contacting server
I created a new Access key (for some reason my current access key was not working). With the new generated access key the plugin works fine. Thank you.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 1.589 seconds