Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword

Associate ID in Amazon URL is different from Content AmazonWS Associate ID field

• scarney
  • scarney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
2 months 1 week ago #3994 by scarney
scarney created the topic: Associate ID in Amazon URL is different from Content AmazonWS Associate ID field
I am noticing the the Associate ID that I have entered into the Content AmazonWS plugin is different than the associate ID that is being displayed in the Amazon urls when a person is redirected to the Amazon site.

Do you know what that would be? I am actually trying to figure out where Amazon is getting the associate ID from that is listed in their URLS.

My associate ID for Affiliate Advertising is lindacarneymd-20
The associate ID displayed in Amazon URLS is 720398721305

any insights into this will be appreciated. It makes me think I may still have an error in the configuration.

Thanks, Sean
PS. Sorry for all the questions but hopefully I will figure this out and quiet down soon. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 6 days ago - 2 months 6 days ago #3999 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Associate ID in Amazon URL is different from Content AmazonWS Associate ID field
I tried on your site, the tag being used is 'lindacarneymd-20', which seems correct.

You may need to clear your browser cookies if you are seeing an incorrect code, it may have been saved from when you were experimenting with the setup.

But note that most of the time you will not see the tag on your site, when the cart is created by something being added to it, the affiliate tag is automatically attached to it and stored on the Amazon server. The cart is identified by a unique cart id which will have its own code. So the affiliate tag is not needed most of the time, Amazon already know it.

So if you don't see the tag then it doesn't mean anything is wrong. The thing to check is when you click the check out button to go to Amazon, you should see the tag in the URL then. Also when you click a 'view more offers' link it should include your affiliate tag. Most other times you should not be seeing the affiliate tag, so if you see some other code that is correct.
Last Edit: 2 months 6 days ago by boggler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney

• scarney
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
2 months 5 days ago #4003 by scarney
scarney replied the topic: Associate ID in Amazon URL is different from Content AmazonWS Associate ID field
Thank you very much for explaining that.
BTW, Amazon just sent me an email encouraging us to upgrade our account for free to a business account. Do you know if that is a BAD idea? ie. would your software continue to work for me?

I am assuming they are trying to get me to upgrade my associates affiliate account.

Thanks, Sean

More
2 months 5 days ago - 2 months 5 days ago #4008 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Associate ID in Amazon URL is different from Content AmazonWS Associate ID field
I don't think this is referring to the affiliates account. So the software should be unaffected.
Last Edit: 2 months 5 days ago by boggler.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney

• scarney
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
2 months 4 days ago #4020 by scarney
scarney replied the topic: Associate ID in Amazon URL is different from Content AmazonWS Associate ID field
Thanks. It must be for my AWS account then. :-)

More
2 months 4 days ago #4024 by boggler
I think you should really ask for clarification from them.

Either way I don't think the software would be affected though.

• scarney
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
2 months 3 days ago #4028 by scarney
I will contact them about this once I am done with this project of getting the Amazon Shopping Cart set up on our site. :-)

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.345 seconds