Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword

Can you explain "Adds an option to select the menu item for click-through pages"

• scarney
  • scarney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 week 2 days ago #4022 by scarney
scarney created the topic: Can you explain "Adds an option to select the menu item for click-through p
I am trying to figure out the behavior of the option Menu Item in Content AmazonWS.

I am trying to figure out what that choice means. Sorry if this is basic. But, I see it is a new feature and it must be a good one. :-) Just trying to understand it. If it is documented on your site already I am sorry that I have not found it.

thanks, Sean

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 week 2 days ago #4026 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Can you explain "Adds an option to select the menu item for click-through p

I see it is a new feature and it must be a good one.

Not necessarily, we added it because someone asked for it. Normally when you click through eg from a page with a lot of items to a product details page then it will show on the same menu item, so you should see the same modules etc. That is probably what you want.

But if you always want it to load on another menu item then you can use this option.

• scarney
  • scarney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
1 week 2 days ago #4029 by scarney
scarney replied the topic: Can you explain "Adds an option to select the menu item for click-through p
Thank you. I don't think there is a way to leave the Menu Item option 'blank' after you have previously selected an item. Since it is really about the module placements, etc.. from a particular page I should be fine using the setting for my top level Amazon Storefront page at www.drcarney.com/shop/amazon-storefront

Sean

More
6 days 14 hours ago #4045 by Appo
Appo replied the topic: Can you explain "Adds an option to select the menu item for click-through p
Is there any way to 'unset' this once you have selected something? When first setting things up, I got the impression this was a mandatory field so selected a the home page to see what things looked like.
Now I can't 'unset' it.

More
4 days 10 hours ago #4051 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Can you explain "Adds an option to select the menu item for click-through p
There is no need to unset it, the home page has an id of 0, so it is treated as an empty value.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds