Keyword

query at amazon.com and on my site not showing same items

• scarney
  • scarney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
2 months 3 days ago - 2 months 3 days ago #4031 by scarney
scarney created the topic: query at amazon.com and on my site not showing same items
This seems really odd and I wonder if it is an amazon anomaly.

At amazon.com I did a query for Cathy Fisher and got the first result as her recent book called "Straight Up Food" with quite a few other results as well.

When I put the string Cathy Fisher into the product search field I got the same results except it is missing her recent book.

Any idea why this might happen?

www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=se...s%2Ck%3Acathy+fisher

vs

www.drcarney.com/shop/amazon-storefront/authors/cathy-fisher

Thanks, Sean
Last Edit: 2 months 3 days ago by scarney.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 days ago #4035 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: query at amazon.com and on my site not showing same items
In this case I think it is due to the availability of this book, there is only one available from a 3rd party seller, in this sort of case Amazon do not normally make them available for the shopping cart.

• scarney
  • scarney's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
2 months 2 days ago #4040 by scarney
scarney replied the topic: query at amazon.com and on my site not showing same items
OK. That does make sense. Although odd in my mind because it is available from them. I will just make an individual page for that one which is probably what I will be doing a LOT pretty soon. I am still working on my publishing strategy (joomla vs easyblog, old joomla routing vs new, individual pages vs amazon queries, etc) and soon have to get busy implementing.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.243 seconds