Shopping Basket

x 

Cart empty

Find Us Elsewhere

SSL

Forum Search

Keyword

Similar Products plug doesn't work on EasyBlog posts. What can they do to fix?

1 month 1 week ago - 1 month 1 week ago #4033 by scarney
And, another question. Here is a support request I just put in with StackIdeas about EasyBlog that I hope you might have some insights about:

I decided to try to use EasyBlog after all, because I love it, for the Amazon Storefront I am working on. I have just created a page in both EasyBlog and in Joomla and have noticed that the software includes a script at the bottom of the page to show similar products from Amazon.com

It is working fine in Joomla but that is because the developer has made it to work in Joomla and in K2. What I am wondering is if you can look and are able to tell at a glance why it might not be working on EasyBlog pages. Is there possibly a setting that would allow their little module to display its contents?

The name of the plug output is: Similar Products
It is a carousel right now with five images displaying and it rotates slowly.

Here is the joomla page where their script is allowed to run:
www.drcarney.com/shop/amazon-storefront/authors/8-author-1-test

Here is the EasyBlog page where the script does not display:
www.drcarney.com/shop/amazon-storefront/...ry/instant-pot-duo60

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 1 week ago #4039 by boggler
You should find that the Similar Products module works on that page instead, the simplest thing would probably be to use that instead.

The reason why the plugin is not showing anything is that it checks what the 'context' is before generating any output, this is to stop it from activating at inappropriate times. If you want to find out from Easy Blog what the value it supplies for 'context' when activating content plugins on article pages then we can add this to the list.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scarney

1 month 1 week ago #4041 by scarney
I will ask them right away. They did express an interest in having this worked and asked me to ask if you would consider making it work with EasyBlog. So, I will now request an answer from them about the 'context'.

Thanks, Sean
PS. I can also look into placing the module in the Below Content field and see how that works.

1 month 1 week ago #4043 by scarney
The Similar Products module works. Although I don't like where I have to place it. So, hopefully StackIdeas will get the answer we need so that your product would work with EasyBlog as well as K2. A lot of people are switching from K2 to EasyBlog. I was one of them. I loved K2 but ended up switching.

Sean

1 month 1 week ago #4047 by scarney
Here is the answer form EasyBlog that can hopefully get your Similar Products working in their blogs:

Thanks Sean getting back to us regarding this, Easyblog context is easyblog.blog .

1 month 5 days ago #4050 by boggler
Thanks, that is what I needed to know.

I can send you an updated version of the similar products plugin, it should be a simple fix.

1 month 4 days ago #4058 by scarney
OH. That is good news. Maybe I can continue to use EasyBlog after all for your Amazon Shopping Cart software. :-)

1 month 3 days ago #4060 by boggler
I have sent you the plugin.

1 month 3 days ago #4061 by scarney
It is working for the EasyBlog pages. Thank you so much for this!

It is not working for the Joomla core pages that use the experimental router although I had thought it was working and then stopped. But, I may be wrong on that.

The plugin did appear to have a slight CSS issue with the Slick option whereby the Previous link is displaying in the wrong place. It displays in the same place where the first image is horizontal alignment to where the first image is displayed instead of to the left side. I am not remembering this from before.

You can see it here: www.drcarney.com/shop/amazon-storefront/...ry/instant-pot-duo60

I also have a slight issue with the regular grid layout because I think I may need to truncate the title lengths for the items because some are longer than the display area.

Sean

1 month 3 days ago #4062 by scarney
It is working for the EasyBlog pages. Thank you so much for this!

It is not working for the Joomla core pages that use the experimental router although I had thought it was working and then stopped. But, I may be wrong on that.

The plugin did appear to have a slight CSS issue with the Slick option whereby the Previous link is displaying in the wrong place. It displays in the same place where the first image is horizontal alignment to where the first image is displayed instead of to the left side. I am not remembering this from before.

You can see it here: www.drcarney.com/shop/amazon-storefront/...ry/instant-pot-duo60

I also have a slight issue with the regular grid layout because I think I may need to truncate the title lengths for the items because some are longer than the display area.

Sean

1 month 3 days ago #4065 by boggler
The similar products do work for the Joomla core content, in Joomla 3.8.1, this has been tested.

Occasionally you will not see any because Amazon decide not to respond, they will throttle their responses sometimes.

The css issue is due to Easy Blog theme imposing some styles on the previous and next buttons, it is not something that we can fix easily. I suggest using Firefox developer tools to experiment with the CSS. You could try adding a negative margin to the 'previous' button.

1 month 2 days ago #4066 by boggler
I forgot to add, there is a plugin option where you can set the maximum title length. Some sellers do make ridiculously long descriptions.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.228 seconds