Error Contacting Server

• bryanearl
  • bryanearl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 5 days ago #4084 by bryanearl
bryanearl created the topic: Error Contacting Server
I have gone through all your documentation and this still isn't working.

Using my Amazon AFFILIATE TRACKING ID, along with the AWS Access Key and Secret Key, I get this error:

AWS.InvalidAccountYour AccessKey Id is not registered for Product Advertising API. Please use the AccessKey Id obtained after registering at affiliate-program.amazon.com/assoc_crede...84-b610-5298ca464525

... I have deleted my keys, created new keys, etc but nothing changes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bryanearl
  • bryanearl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
3 weeks 5 days ago - 3 weeks 5 days ago #4085 by bryanearl
bryanearl replied the topic: Error Contacting Server
I figured it out. I had to use the AFFILIATE keys, NOT the AWS keys.
Last Edit: 3 weeks 5 days ago by bryanearl.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #4086 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Error Contacting Server
The affiliate keys are AWS keys and require an account at aws.amazon.com, but the thing is that you need to have the account registered under the same email address as the affiliates account so that Amazon can link them. Otherwise you will get the error message you mentioned.

Unless Amazon have changed the process for registering them, in which case we will change the documentation. But I think that what I am saying is correct.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #4106 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Error Contacting Server
I checked into this, and actually the process has changed. It used to be the case that you had to create an account at aws.com, now they have changed to a separate API which you can sign up to once you have signed up as an affiliate. I am glad they have changed, the old system was a bit of a nightmare.

The new process is described here: docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSECommerceService/...i-dg.pdf#becomingDev

If you already have an AWS account then you can still use it for the Product Advertising API, but I think that you do need to have the same email address for both accounts so that they can link them. Or you can migrate to the new product advertising API, the documentation explains how.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds