Change "Buy Now" Button Text

• bryanearl
  • bryanearl's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 5 days ago #4091 by bryanearl
bryanearl created the topic: Change "Buy Now" Button Text
I am having a problem finding the "BUY NOW" button label so that I can change it.

Can you please tell me where it is? I attempted to make a language override and searched for it, but was unable to find it anywhere.

I also searched for a separate language file just for the AmazonWS plugin, but was unable to find one.

Ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #4094 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Change "Buy Now" Button Text
The "Buy Now" text is this language string in the pluging language file, you just need to create a language override for it.
AMAZONWS_BUYNOW="Buy Now"

• bryanearl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 4 days ago - 2 weeks 4 days ago #4095 by bryanearl
bryanearl replied the topic: Change "Buy Now" Button Text
So, I had already found that one (in the administrator language file, not in the site language file) and changed it. However, that does not actually change anything on the front end of the site.

I see that you say specifically "the plugin language file"... That is why I came to the forum to ask this. I am unable to locate any other language files for the plugin.

If it's not in the main site language file(s), can you please tell me where the plugin language file is located so I can change it?
Last Edit: 2 weeks 4 days ago by bryanearl.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #4099 by boggler
No it is not in an administrator language file, it is in the plugin language file, which is en-GB.plg_content_amazonWS.ini. It is true that Joomla saves this in the administrator languages folder, it does this with all plugin language files, but that is just a quirk of the way that Joomla does things. Plugins don't strictly apply either to the site or admininstrator section of the site, they can be used in either, as can their language files.

So you just need to create a language override for the constant 'AMAZONWS_BUYNOW', set it to whatever you want.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #4100 by boggler
You can just create a 'site' override for 'AMAZONWS_BUYNOW', it will still be used. Or you can create an 'administrator' override and check the 'use both locations' checkbox.

• bryanearl
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
2 weeks 4 days ago #4101 by bryanearl
bryanearl replied the topic: Change "Buy Now" Button Text
I got it, thank you for your assistance. My confusion was because I kept searching for the constant "AMAZONWS_BUYNOW" in the site language and for whatever reason it would not find it, as if it did not exist.

I ended up creating the override anyway (regardless of the fact that it couldn't find the constant), and it worked as needed.

Thanks again.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds