Keyword

Master User no longer works with latest versions of Community Builder

• capeinfo
  • capeinfo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #3943 by capeinfo
capeinfo created the topic: Master User no longer works with latest versions of Community Builder
Hi

I've been using Master User for a few years without any problems, thank you.

After upgrading to Joomla 3.7.4 it suddenly stopped working. I upgraded Master User to 2.3 but it still doesn't work.

The message I get is "Incorrect username or password". I've tried with several accounts but the problem is uniform.

Thanks
Carl
Last Edit: 4 months 2 weeks ago by capeinfo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #3944 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Master User suddenly stopped working after upgrade to Joomla 3.7.4
We have tested it with Joomla 3.7.4, and it definitely works. There is no change in 3.7.4 that would cause it to suddenly stop working.

Check that the login module you are using is compatible with Joomla authentication plugins, some ajax modules don't, the solution in that case is to include a standard Joomla login module somewhere on your site which you can use to log in as a master user.

If that doesn't work, a search of this forum will give you some more things to look at: https://www.spiralscripts.co.uk/support-sp-337/forum/search.html?query=master%20user&childforums=1

• capeinfo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #3945 by capeinfo
capeinfo replied the topic: Master User no longer works with latest versions of Community Builder
I've been using SC Login Advanced for over 3 years together with Community Builder. That all worked with Master User before.

Even logging in directly with CB doesn't work with Master User.

• capeinfo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #3946 by capeinfo
capeinfo replied the topic: Master User no longer works with latest versions of Community Builder
I get the same problem after inserting the standard Joomla login module on one page. Master User doesn't work but all normal logins do.

Community Builder was upgraded this morning. The problem could lie there.

• capeinfo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 2 weeks ago - 4 months 2 weeks ago #3947 by capeinfo
I can confirm that Master User does not work with the latest upgrade of Community Builder.

I had to work my way through several releases before I found one where Master User still works - Version: 2.1.2+build.2017.04.14.15.08.41.3bf553c4c Dated: 2017/04/14.

I have reinstalled that for the time being.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #3948 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Master User no longer works with latest versions of Community Builder
OK, thanks for the information.

Community Builder should support CMS authentication plugins so it should work.

If this is urgent for you, we could try to debug this for you as a custom programming job, let me know if this would be of interest for you, and I can give you a quote for the job. However I have to say it is not 100% guaranteed that a solution exists, it may be a bug with CB in which case we can't fix it.

Otherwise we will look into this when we have time.

• capeinfo
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
4 months 1 week ago #3949 by capeinfo
Thank you. I'll wait until you have time, otherwise it would be cheaper to purchase the other Joomla extension that does this.

More
4 months 1 week ago #3950 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Master User no longer works with latest versions of Community Builder
Yes but you would be providing a service to the Joomla community - as we are, by providing a plugin for free, AND supporting it.

Also you could report the issue to the CB developers, in case this is a problem with CB's support for Joomla authentication plugins. (And if it is, it is quite likely that the commercial plugin won't work either).

You could do this instead of just waiting for people to do stuff for you for free.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds