VirtueMart 2 HTML5 Slideshow
This is an example of our HTML5 Slideshow for Virtuemart 2 and 3 and Joomla 2.5 and 3
This versatile module can display images for your Virtuemart products in an attractive HTML5 slideshow. The module features a variety of transition effects: Grid, Bars, Blinds, Scale, Scale Rotate, Fade, Translate, Grow, Grayscale, Inverse, Pixelate, Threshold, Lower Threshold and Dissolve and Smear.
- The module is smart, it can find products with images automatically. You can just select a category, and it will find the products and the images in them;
- products without images will not be displayed in the slideshow;
- You can choose the number of articles, plus from a variety of orderings, top sales, most recently added, featured products, or random;
- Alternatively, you can select specific products only to display in the slideshow;
- The module can show images from a single product only - useful on the product details page for showing product additional images.
- The size of the slide image and thumbnails is fully customizable through the module parameters, so the module can work as a large central display, or a small feature;
- There is a large range of customizable features, including whether or not to display the thumbnails, the orientation of the thumbnails (horizontal or vertical), the type of scroller used (click or mouseover), plus whether to auto-start the show on page loading;
- The module is search engine friendly, because the caption content and the links are rendered on the page as ordinary html, the slideshow being constructed from this content, hence Google will have no problem crawling the article links.
- You can choose the amount of text to display in the caption;
- You can have as many instances of the slideshow module on the page as you want, with separate parameters for each.
- The module includes image handling functions. The images can be dynamically resized, with image caching and image compression supported for improved performance.
The module requires Joomla 2.5 or 3 and Virtuemart 2 or 3 The transition effects also require a web browser that supports the canvas element, such as Internet Explorer 9, Firefox, or Chrome. Visitors who do not have a compatible browser will see the same slideshow but with a simple fade transition.