We specialise in professional extensions for the Joomla!®** Content Management System. We have a variety of professional components, modules and plugins, also some products available for free download. These are simplified versions of the commercial products, but fully working. All our extensions are open-source.
Our customers include professional web designers and developers creating websites for their clients, as well as webmasters and website owners looking for well-designed extensions that will add something extra to their site.
We have a new release of our popular Master User plugin. This plugin for Joomla allows administrator users to log into the front end of their site as another registered user, and is compatible with Joomla 2.5.and 3.
The new release, version 2.3.0, includes some improved error handling. The interesting thing is that by popular demand we have added a feature to set a session variable when a user logs in as a master user, so that other extensions can pick this up. You can read more on the download page.
We have a new release of our AS3 Cloud File Manager extension. The latest release is 2.5, and now supports Dropbox as well as Amazon S3. This extension allows you to manage your cloud hosted files through your Joomla admin, and make them available as download packages, either for free, for restricted Joomla user groups (through the standard Joomla ACL), or for sale.
If you want to sell your files, our paid download plugin for Joomla and Virtuemart works with the AS3 Manager extension to allow you to do this.We have a new release of this plugin available too: version 1.7 adds support for selling Dropbox files as well as Amazon S3, by selling AS3 Manager Manager download packages as Virtuemart products. The Spiral Download plugin is designed to allow you to offer paid downloads as products for sale in Virtuemart, by allowing you to attach the download package to the product as a custom field. It allows you to restrict either the number of downloads, the time limit on downloads, or both.
If you are a Joomla! developer you are probably already aware that you are not restricted to generating html output from an extension. In fact it is possible for the CMS to output any type of content that you want, simply by creating a view for it in your component using the appropriate format.
The purpose of this article is to explore how to do this when the output type is not among those currently supported in the Joomla core. In fact this is not a problem, as I will show. I will do this in the context of generating an SVG (scalable vector graphics) image, but the principles will be the same for any output type.
In the examples I assume that we have already grabbed the image data in some way, without specifying where it comes from, in order to concentrate on how to output it. However the nice thing about SVG is that it is just XML, so it could quite easily be generated dynamically by the CMS using data from a database table.Add a comment
The release of the Shopping Cart adds some important new features.
The main improvement to the cart is that we have added a new ability to track sales. Whenever a user clicks the button to check out through Amazon, the value of the sale is recorded, plus the user id if they are logged in. The sales can be viewed in the Joomla admin and downloaded as a CSV file. This can be very useful if you want to reward your users for buying through your site, or if you just want to keep a track of sales. You can read more about the sales tracking feature here.
To summarise the new features, these are:-
- A bug fix that stops the ajax cart loading additional styles which can affect the page layout. Strictly this is a bug caused by some site templates, but we have found a way to stop it happening anyway
- An option to require the user to log in or create an account on your site before checking out
- The new sales tracking and administration. You can read more about the sales tracking feature here.
As with all our commercial extensions, when you buy the extension you get access to free updates for one year. Therefore existing customers can download the new version using their current download link. Then install as normal with the Joomla installer, there is no need to uninstall the existing version.
Amazon Shopping Cart is a complete package of Joomla extensions based around our AmazonWS Joomla content plugin, that allows you to create an Amazon store on your Joomla website, including a shopping cart. Customers can browse your site, and add items to their cart without leaving your site: it is only when they are ready to pay that they are redirected to the Amazon website.
We have a new release of our Google Shopping Feed extension for Joomla! and Virtuemart, GooglebaseXML version 4.6.18. This is a maintenance release adding some new features.
The main new feature is that we have added a way to map values for product availability used in your store to the values which Google requires. This will be useful for stores that use the product availability graphics supplied by Virtuemart to indicate whether the product is in stock, now these can be translated into Google values for use in the feed (more on this below).
The other new feature is that we have added a language code to the feed url for multi-language stores. Most of the time this should not be necessary, but this can solve problems that occasionally arise with the Joomla router.
If you are a Joomla! developer you are probably already aware that it is possible for the CMS to output many other types of content in addition to the usual html. In fact you can use it to output any type of content that you want, simply by creating a view for it in your component using the appropriate format.
Creating a General XML Feed
In this article I will look at how to use your component to output an XML feed. There is actually more than one approach to this: if you want to create an RSS feed, which is a specific type of XML feed, then you can use the RSS document type - I will discuss this below.
Firstly I will discuss creating a more general type of XML feed, which I will do in the context of a reasonably realistic example. We will suppose that you are developing a Joomla e-commerce component that has a view that displays your products. In addition to the normal HTML output you would like to be able to display an XML feed of the products. It is actually not that hard.Add a comment
We are pleased to release a new extension. GProduct Review Feed makes it easy to submit your Virtuemart product reviews to Google shopping, you can do it in a matter of minutes. It's a great way to enhance your product listings.
GProduct Review Feed can be used to create either a full review feed, or an incremental feed. As well as automatically creating your feed, the extension allows you to mark reviews as spam, or deleted.
- You can read more about submitting a review feed to Google here;
- See a tutorial, with screenshots of the feed administration here;
- View an example feed here;
- Buy the extension here.
We have a new release of our Google Shopping Feed extension for Joomla! and Virtuemart, GooglebaseXML.
The new version 4.6.14 fixes some bugs, also it allows you to choose the content type header used when viewing the feed in your browser: this can help if your browser is having problems displaying it correctly.
Supporting the Joomla Updater
The main new feature is that support for the Joomla updater has been added, now it is possible to have one-click updates for the extension directly from your Joomla admin. All that you need is a current valid download URL for the extension, go to Components->GBaseXML Shopping Feed->Updates in your Joomla admin, and paste your download link into the form, and save. Now the Joomla updater will notify you whenever a new version is available, and will allow you to update with one click. So it is well worth updating to the latest version, and this is highly recommended. You can buy the GooglebaseXML extension here
Virtuemart is a popular open source e-commerce extension for the Joomla! content management system. We have a number of extensions written explicitly for Virtuemart that will enhance your store:-
- VM2 Product Snapshot allows you to embed Virtuemart product information in Joomla content articles. As a content plugin it is compatible with the Joomla core content component as well as extension that support content plugins, such as K2.
- HTML5 Slideshow for Virtuemart 2 displays your product images in an attractive HTML5 slideshow. It is compatible with all modern browsers including mobile devices and will display a simplified version in older browsers such as IE7. It is a great way to show off your products without using Flash.
- Virtuemart Featured Product Grid is an alternative to the Virtuemart featured products module. It can be used to show featured products, top ten products, recent products, and random products from some or all categories. The module is particularly useful when you want to display additional images for your products, as these are shown in a scroller.
- VM ModController Pro This module allows you to control the display of other Joomla modules on Virtuemart pages. It allows you to assign modules to Virtuemart pages (including specific product details flypages or category browse pages), categories, and shopper groups.
- GoogleBaseXML This component for the Joomla Content Management System generates a product data feed for your Virtuemart store in XML format. It is specifically designed to be compatible with the format required by Google shopping. The product listing can be manually uploaded, or submitted as an URL to Google Merchant Center for scheduled upload
You can view examples of these extensions in our Virtuemart Extensions Demo Store.
Below: A screenshot of our HTML5 slideshow for Virtuemart
Add a comment