Amazon Shopping Cart
This is a package of Joomla extensions based around our AmazonWS plugin, that allows you to create a complete Amazon store on your Joomla website. Our AmazonWS content plugin has long been one of our most popular extensions: it allows you to embed product information from the Amazon Product Advertising API into your Joomla articles and other content, using the article metatags, or some simple embedding code.
It consists of the following extensions:-
- AmazonWS content plugin - handles embedding the product information into your Joomla content;
- AmazonWS component - provides extra views, handles the shopping cart functions;
- Amazon Shopping Cart module - provides a "mini-cart" module, allowing customers to see the current contents of their cart
- Amazon Product Search module - allows customers to search for products and see the results on your site
- Amazon Shopping Cart user plugin - handles saving carts for logged in users
- AWS Product editor plugin - provides a Joomla editor button that allows you to search for and select products directly when editing an article, and will automatically insert the code for you into your article
These extensions are supplied as a single package, which you upload and install to your Joomla site in the normal way.
The Amazon Shopping Cart package is designed to extend the AmazonWS plugin so that it offers a much more complete shopping experience. Customers will be able to browse on your site, search for products, and add them to their shopping cart, all on your own website. They only go to the Amazon site to check out and pay. Within the cart the customers can have multiple items, can modify the quantity, delete items, or save them for later. If they are logged into your site the cart can also be stored for up to 90 days: useful for people who want to go "window shopping" but are not ready to buy yet. The advantage for you is that customers may buy more stuff using your affiliate links, and the source of the purchase will be more directly traceable to your site (what Amazon consider a "qualifying purchase" in their terms).
You can view a demo of the cart here.
You can read more about the usage here.