• DanielM
  • DanielM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #3421 by DanielM
DanielM created the topic: Price settings GooglebaseXML
Hi,
is there any option of feeding a different price?
For example I would like to have one price for Germany and another one for France.
I can set in Virtuemart customer groups and give each register uses a specific price but I don't know how I select the right price in GooglebaseXML.

Any way this is possible?

thanks
regards
Daniel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #3423 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Price settings GooglebaseXML
Hello, at the moment this is not possible, but I think it would be possible with a small tweak of the code.

But I wonder if Google would accept this? Personally I don't think so. The problem is that one of Google's conditions for accepting your product feed is that the prices must be those openly advertised on your site, the price that you submit must be the main one visible on the product landing page. So I don't think that they would accept prices that depend on a customer belonging to a particular group.

So what I suggest is that you check first whether this is something that is compatible with Google's terms. If you believe it is, then we can discuss how this might be accomplished. I think it could be done by making a 'Google' customer belonging to each of the groups that you want to submit a feed for, then automatically forcing a login as that customer depending on the target country that the feed is aimed at.

But actually I don't think that Google would accept it though.

• DanielM
  • DanielM's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
1 year 7 months ago #3424 by DanielM
DanielM replied the topic: Price settings GooglebaseXML
Hi,
I agree Google would not except it.
I was planing to use a second feed for a second platform to feed a menarche.

could be a usefull addon to select the price.

a bit disappointing that this is not possible.

thanks for the help
regards
Daniel

More
1 year 7 months ago #3425 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: Price settings GooglebaseXML
Hello, because the feed is designed to be submitted to Google we do concentrate on the features that Google wants.

You could do this if you have separate sites (maybe this is what you mean by a separate platform?) because you can install the feed on more than one site.

However if you want a feed that can submit prices for a specific customer group I think that it would be possible to add this as a feature with a few lines of code. We could do this for you, we would need to charge a fee for custom programming work, but I think that the fee would be small.

If this is of interest to you let me know and we can discuss the details.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds