• Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3779 by nazca
nazca created the topic: GoogleBaseXML-Incorrect field names
Hello:

Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable
VirtueMart 3.0.18

I installed the component. I created the categories map and generated the XML (application / SML) of products.
When I submit the product feed, Google Merchant Center rejects it for multiple errors.
In general they have to do with the fact that the name of the XML fields does not correspond to the data that Google Merchant expects.

Here are some of the errors:
- Missing mandatory attribute id.
- The required price attribute is missing.
- The title attribute is missing.
- The required link attribute is missing.

I tried to assign the correct fields with the Feed Rules but in the drop-down no field is shown for eg assign
<Com_googlebasexml_tags_id> a <id>

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #3780 by boggler
boggler replied the topic: GoogleBaseXML-Incorrect field names
Could you supply a link to your feed so I can see what is going on?
<Com_googlebasexml_tags_id> a <id>

This suggests that it is an issue with the language file, it sounds like it is not being loaded, so that there are no translations available for the tag names. Is your feed in English?

If you look in the installation package, there is a file called site/languages/en-GB.com_googlebasexml.ini, you can make a copy of it but using your language code for the name, and upload it to your site languages folder.

So for example if you are using German you would change the file name to

de-DE.com_googlebasexml.ini, then upload it to your site language folder, eg language/de-DE

We will add some code to the feed to make sure that the language file is always loaded.

• nazca
  • nazca's Avatar Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3781 by nazca
nazca replied the topic: GoogleBaseXML-Incorrect field names
Hello:

The link to feed is:
www.avilaautentica.es/index.php?option=c...exml&format;=xml&id;=1

I will review the instructions that you indicate and I inform you about it

Thanks

• nazca
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3782 by nazca
Hello again:
I have followed the instructions you give me regarding language, but everything is the same.
My language is Spanish (es-ES) therefore I have created the file as a copy of which you indicate and I have uploaded it to language (es-ES) but nothing has changed.

a greeting

More
5 months 1 week ago #3783 by boggler
Thanks for the link. It is definitely a problem with the language file not being loaded.

I will send you an updated version of the feed, which forces the loading of the english version of the file.

Sorry for the problems, it is a new feature, we wanted to make the google tags translateable, but it seems that this feature is causing some problems.

More
5 months 1 week ago #3784 by boggler
I have sent you an updated version of the feed which forces the loading of the language file containing the tags. It should solve the issue for you.

• nazca
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3785 by nazca
Hello:
I received the new component.
What shall I do? Uninstall the old one and start over?
I see that in the update section can only be done from a web link

Greetings and thank you

More
5 months 1 week ago #3786 by boggler
No, you don't need to uninstall the old version.

You can upload the installation package that I sent you, in your Joomla admin go to extensions->manage->install, then browse for the extension and click upload and install to upload the package file.

I have had the opportunity to test the feed on another non-english site, and it loaded the translations without a problem, so I think this issue is something unusual to do with your site. If you still have problems after you have installed it let me know, and I can send you a fix that avoids using translations altogether.

However I notice that you use a lot of caching on your site, you may need to make sure that any cached versions of the feed are cleared in order to see any change.

• nazca
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3787 by nazca
Hello:

I updated the component as you indicate but since I did not see any changes, I asked you.

The thing is, I do not see any changes. I've emptied the Joomla cache and it's still the same. I called the url by adding a random parameter and I get the same result.

In my opinion the problem is that the XML fields name are for example
<Com_googlebasexml_tags_id> and Merchant Center expects an <id> field, but I can not append the "feed rules" for that <id> field because in the drop-down list I do not get those fields.

If you want we will wait 24 hours more for what you tell me about the cache but I think it will not work.

Thanks!

More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #3788 by boggler
In my opinion the problem is that the XML fields name are for example
<Com_googlebasexml_tags_id> and Merchant Center expects an <id> field, but I can not append the "feed rules" for that <id> field because in the drop-down list I do not get those fields.

No it is definitely an issue with the language file not being loaded. What should happen is that Joomla should automatically load a language file which will translate a tag like <Com_googlebasexml_tags_id> into <id>. You definitely do not need to set up any feed rules, it should work automatically.

This seems to be an issue with your site, I am wondering if it is something to do with the pagespeed module that you are using. We have tested the translations on other sites and there is not normally an issue with them.

It does not really matter what the issue is, we will make a new version for you which makes the translation system optional, so that the feed can just load the default Google tags, it will solve it for you, it is how the feed used to work until the latest release.

I will send you a new version, probably later today.
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by boggler.

• nazca
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
5 months 1 week ago #3791 by nazca
Hello again
Now it works great!
Well, almost great!
I have one last problem
The products included in the store are artisan products, have no EAN, UPC, code. . . Therefore the section <gtin> should activate the "Use Identifier Exists Tag" section. In the configuration of the component I have left that section in "yes", however the field <gtin> (in this case with the value of the SKU) still appears.

As a result google merchant center rejects these products.
Would we have a solution?

Regards, and thank you very much!

More
5 months 1 week ago #3792 by boggler
There is also a feed option called "Use SKU for GTIN", make sure that you set it to no, it sounds like that is the problem.

Also make sure that you have not put the SKU in the GTIN field in the product info, you need to keep the GTIN field empty if they are artisan products.

Moderators: boggler
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds